Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Contemporary Centaur


You know you've always wanted to run with the horses. Now, you can.


These shoes were recently posted on CocoPerez, entitled "Guns & Hooves." I could go on about that combination for several paragraphs, but as this blog is entitled Flying Horses, I'll ignore the pistols (as much as I can) and focus on the hooves.

Oh, the hooves!

I wonder if trotting around in these would have any benefit for the modern horsewoman? Or horseman, I suppose (and what a sight it would be to see George Morris walking a course in these hooves!). I couldn't seem to find a price for these suckers, but I'm willing to bet they're cheaper than an actual horse. Especially when you factor in boarding, feed, and vet bills- none of which these shoes need. I hope.

I am envisioning a world in which humans jump over hurdles and maneuver through dressage tests on their own two hooves! Just think of all the money we'd save! My only question is this-- are there gloves to match?
__________________________________________________

As for the yesterday's post, the horse in the picture (taken by CosmoHorseFarm at DeviantArt) is only 16.3 hands tall! Everyone's guesses were pretty much on target; good eye! For more information on that fabulous optical illusion, check it out here: http://cosmohorsefarm.deviantart.com/art/HUGE-horse-131007373

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, love the George Morris mental image you gave me! =D Those things are insane, who comes up with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are designed by Iris Scieferstein, I believe. If you click the title of the post, it will link you to the original CocoPerez post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is strange. But somewhere, on the web, are pictures of guys wearing horse legs for a theater production or something. Add those shoes and you'd really have an exciting mode of travel. Gotta see if I can find that....

    Love the George Morris image. He could really get a "feel" for the striding that way. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found one: Digilegs
    http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20090506/digilegs-turn-tumnus/

    However, there was something else somewhere, but it might have been the mechanical horse puppets I am thinking of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Those Didilegs are great!

    ReplyDelete